St Peter’s Bourne Management Company is currently seeking to appoint a Pioneer Lead to join the Leadership Team as part of its developing vision.
St Peters Bourne (SPB) is a large Victorian house within the Edmonton area of the Diocese of London that has developed in recent years into a residential community of 9 members who have intentionally developed community life, worship and mission together. The vision is that SPB develops further to into a regional centre for prayer and worship, social action and pioneering mission. We are looking for a Pioneer Lead to come and join the leadership team to jointly implement this vision within SPB and the region.
Job Title: Pioneer Lead
Start Date: Autumn 2018
Salary: Nil. House for duty basis with possibility of further funding.
Time per week: 1-3 days depending on agreed housing and salary package.
For more information regarding the job role please download and review the Role Profile and Vision Document. The existing Community follow a developing Rhythm of Life, which is this can be downloaded here.
To submit an application, or to arrange an informal visit to SPB, please contact Jacques Mutevelian (Operations Lead) at email@example.com or 020 8445 5535.
Applications can be made with a CV and a covering letter outlining reasons for applying and suitability for the post. Please also include your current work commitments and earliest start date.
Application Deadline: August 2018
The Development of St Peter’s Bourne
St Peter’s Bourne was built at the end of the Victorian era as a large, private residence in the green and spacious suburb of Whetstone, North London. The house is arranged over 4 floors and has a chapel, communal lounges, kitchens and extensive gardens which contains additional housing. It is within walking distance of the Northern Line and Oakleigh Park Station.
In 1948 the house became the property of the Sisters of the Resurrection, an Anglican order of nuns from Grahamstown, South Africa. The roots of this order are in 1880’s London and the house was renamed St Peter’s Bourne in homage to St Peter’s Eaton Square, the original sending church of the first Mother Superior.
Over the course of the next 50 years St. Peter’s Bourne functioned as a convent, until in 2002 it became a retreat house within the Church of England with a brief for promoting Christian spirituality and education.
New leadership in 2013 saw the house renovated and the current community was officially launched in 2016. Over the last 2 years the vision has evolved further, along the lines described in the vision document, and now includes the desire to further develop links with pioneer church planting and fresh expressions of mission across North London.