SEED BARNET PROJECT: Triple P Teens Course – 7pm Wednesday 25th April 2018
We are pleased to announce the Seed Barnet Project, an initiative aimed at supporting parents of teenagers aged 11-18yrs, will continue into the summer term of 2018.
In partnership with Home-Start Barnet, Seed Barnet will comprise of group, phone and 1-2-1 sessions split into 2 elements:
- Triple P course – 7 weeks (5 x Group and 2 x Phone calls).
- Family mediation/counselling – 3 weeks (1-2-1 based).
Triple P is a parenting programme, but it doesn’t tell you how to be a parent. It’s more like a toolbox of ideas. You choose the strategies you need. You choose the way you want to use them. It’s all about getting the support you need.
- Raise happy, confident teenagers
- Manage misbehaviour so everyone in the family enjoys life more
- Set rules and routines that everyone respects and follows
- Encourage behaviour you like
- Take care of yourself as a parent
- Feel confident you’re doing the right thing